My name is Sven Andersson and I
work as a consultant in embedded
system design, implemented in ASIC
In my spare time I write this blog
and I hope it will inspire others to
learn more about this fantastic field.
I live in Stockholm Sweden and have
my own company
You are welcome to contact me
and ask questions or make comments
about my blog.
We will start by writing the BOOT.bin file (generated in part 53) to the QSPI flash using the flash writer included in SDK.
1. Set the jumpers to JTAG mode.
2. Start SDK and select from the Xilinx Tools menu "Program Flash". This window will be displayed.
3. Browse for the image file (BOOT.bin) and click Program. This will put the BOOT.bin file in the QSPI flash starting at the first address.
4. Set the jumpers to boot from flash memory.
5. Connect a terminal and power on the ZedBoard. The boot process will start from the QSPI flash and load U-Boot. The bootcmd (run sdboot) will be executed and the booting will continue from the SD card.
6. We now have to figure out how and where to put the linux image file in the QSPI flash and then copy it to the system memory and boot PetaLinux.
7. Using the petalinux-config command we can find out the flash memory fixed partitions.